dimanche 4 mars 2012

Wild Thing ( Domestic Gods book 5) by Robin Kaye

Hello to all,

                Like i announced previously March will be the month of the Contemporary romance subgenre for the challenge Romance and Me; reason for wich i will try several authors and books of this subgenre.

My first conclusion is that i don't own a lot of them and haven't read any of them that i can remember before the first i will present you today.
Now after this first book, i admit i'm not sure at all that's a genre for me but i received some suggestions and until now Stella never disappointed me so we will see when i finally receive and read one of the book she recommended to me.

Without waiting, here comes " Wild Thing" by Robin kaye


Editor : Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication : 2011
ISBN:  1402257279
Genre: Contemporary romance
Violence: none

Langage: normal
sex: strong
Public: 18+
Source: book won


Short description from goodread :


 Whitewater-rafting guide Hunter Kincaid lands his dream job–guiding sportswear models through Idaho's rugged wilderness for a week-long photo shoot. When he meets Toni Russo, the goth New York manager of Action Models, there are enough sparks to set the forest ablaze.

When Hunter finds Toni's book on how to marry the man of your choice, he studies it as a joke. Before long Hunter realizes he's never cared enough for a woman to bother working this hard to get her. But the last man in the world this city girl wants is a Survivor Man wannabe...



My opinion:

          For my first entry in the contemporary romance subgenre, I can’t tell I’m a fan far from it.
I wasn’t able to immerse myself in the story, yes I sometimes got a smile but for the most part I was bored and wanted it to be finished so I could start something I was sure to love.  I  don’t know if it’s because it’s contemporary and more realistic  that I can’t identify myself with the character or believe in the story but really this one isn’t for me.


Toni is a woman with a lot of problems and she overcomes her phobia a bit too easily for my taste. I mean yes you can overcome a phobia, of course, but in less than 3days….no, I don’t think so. She tries to hide her fears by being sarcastic and violent and the next moment she is crying like a baby. I think I was even more bothered by Hunter, he works with children that have difficulties and manages to help them great but when he recognized that Toni is quite similar it’s not really ethic to jump or her. Yes he tells her he will wait but I can’t shake the feeling that he manipulates her too much. It clash with his so called honour.


Also, there were several things introduced in the story for with we don’t get any closure and I hate that. There is the Emilio case, yes we don’t know the result and that’s perhaps the less important one. We know he delegated so that’s taken care of. However, the problem of Raphael isn’t, he is misinterpreted for his cousin and threatening but after that? Do they find him? Who were these men? Why is it dangerous? You don’t get any explanation he just announces they cancel the private investigator and do the job themselves… I’m not satisfied with that, sorry.
As for his goal, and how Tony fits in it , that yes can be left to imagination but it could have been a bit more developed too for example by saying if the contract was a good one or a trick etc.

Still for the small smiles now and then I give it a 3 on 5 but barely.


Score:  3/5


Challenges:

This book enter in the Romance and Me Challenge
Book read for the 2012 TBR reading Challenge


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire