dimanche 15 avril 2012

Vigilant ( I-Marshal Stories book2) by Michele Hart

Hello to all,

                     Today i've decided to share with you another discovery that i made during a blog hop. I came upon the Michele Hart's blog and i was captived by her universe and the excerpt so when i received the news that i won her second book i was estatic. I've read it and i was hooked, i absolutly love her writing style and the idea behind her universe. However like you will read in my review i also had some questions and i wanted to know if it was because i started by her second book.
She answered me and she even did it quickly, it's my first experience like this and i'm so happy, even better she kindly offered my a pdf of her others books so i could review them . I'm really grateful for it because after that first read i wanted more. You will then be lucky to discover the other books in this series but first, here comes  I- Marshall Stories book 2 " Vigilant" by Michele Hart


author: Michele Hart
Publisher : BookStrand Publishing
Publication : 2011
ISBN:  1610343964
Genre: science-fiction romance
Violence: strong

Langage: normal
sex: strong
Public: 18+
source: ebook won from the author


Short description from goodread :


Alliance I-Marshal Weber hauls Yadira to her home planet and infiltrates the human-trafficking ring controlling her. But he finds himself unbearably attracted to his witness. A gift for detecting deception reveals she's the next victim of a criminal industry. Descending into shadowy worlds of slavery, Yadira endures a dark angel stalking her dreams and watches the quiet I-Marshal become dangerous in her defense. Everything about him moves her...except the memory of seeing him execute the most important man in her life. Shouldn't she take vengeance? Delusions of a heavenly guardian affect her mind. Slavers and demons plan to snatch her from Weber's custody while he is uncovering connections, and Weber won't hesitate to execute the guilty surrounding Yadira. Who but a son of fire can save her from fiends harboring hardcore fantasies of harming her? Note: This book contains adult language used as profanity.


My opinion:

          A wonder! I wasn’t sure what to think at first while reading it was a science-fiction with angels and demons. It seemed original but as for the quality only the complete book could answer me. What an answer! I absolutely loved this new kind of science-fiction romance. It’s the second book and I haven’t read the first one so perhaps it’s normal I was a bit lost in the universe background but even without reading another one you can enjoy this story a lot. It’s really different from the other I’ve read this month and the quality is really there same for the originality.


We learn quite a few about I-Marshall and their angel part in this book. However, the minimum we have is enough for the plot in Vigilant. We know that Weber has a special ability and that he can spot evil entities that he must kill. Simple yes. The how, when, why can wait. Here we have a cop, special cop with a mission and while doing it he discovers that one of the accomplice isn’t as guilty as she should. He wants to discover why and even if he killed her protector supposedly lover he needs her cooperation. And while he is at it, breaking some of a lot of rules to achieve his goal isn’t a problem at all.


Yadira is a character that grows on you. At first, a bit like Weber, you just think that she must be punished for her part in the kidnapping but soon, you learn that all is not like it seems and perhaps the victims aren’t always known. As long as you haven’t discovered the reason for her relation with J you don’t understand why she is so broken, so afraid that she prefers to die. Once you discover her past and how her world works you pity her, would like to help because no one should live that and if it’s not an excuse that explain quite a bit. Even if at beginning she hates Weber for having killed J she feels that there is more and she become conflicted once Weber start “ courting” her. Part of her enjoys the affection, the protective feeling and the other thinks she must feel guilty because he killed J, that she is making a treachery.  A angel’s kiss makes her feel new sensations and she remember what she should have forgotten. Slowly she reveals herself for what she really is, drops the disguise and discovers that hope can give you courage and with that you can move mountain.


Dokiel is cute and a bit funny for an angel, I wouldn’t want to make him angry. The romance is building slowly at first and after blossoming and it was really great because at first I didn’t like how he used the intimacy to gain her trust. But after I understood that he was also his trust he was trying to build because Weber is a solitary one before this mission and for once is found himself in a sort of team.


In the end I can’ t say how I loved this book and I really happy I get the opportunity to read the first one and the new published 3rd book of the I-Marshall Stories. I’m really pleased to have discovered this author and I want more^^. You don’t have to read her books in order because each one has a complete story that are linked by the universe not by the characters. So give it a try.



Score:  5/5



Challenges:

This book enter in the Romance and Me Challenge
ebook read for the 2012 ebook Challenge



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire