vendredi 23 août 2013

Line of Scrimmage by Marie Force

Hello to all,

                       I admit i got a little sidetracked with the bout of books, i have been writings reviews but i forgot to post some of them^^;;, i really need to improve.
So to start i will give you my opinion about a sport romance i won recently... yes a new author once again and if i'm right i still have 2 or 3 one to discover before going back to series i did start already.
It was an enjoyable reads  ( a great one to start the week with in fact).

so no more waiting and here is my opinion of Line of Scrimmage by Marion Force.
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Publication: 2008
ISBN:  1402214243
Genre: sport romance
Violence: mild

Language: normal
sex: strong
Public: 18+
Source: won
 


Short description from goodreads :

 "She's given up on him and moved on..."

Susannah finally has a peaceful, calm life and a no-surprises man. Marriage to football superstar Ryan Sanderson was a whirlwind of passion, heat, energy, and excitement, but Susannah got sick of playing second fiddle to his team, watching women throwing themselves at him, and living in terror of the hard hits he took on the field. With their divorce just days from being final, she's already planning a wedding with her new fiance...

"He's finally figured out what's really important to him. If only it's not too late..."


Ryan has just ten days to convince his soon-to-be ex-wife to give him a second chance. He has just brought home his third championship and his career is at its pinnacle, but during the year of their separation, Ryan's come to realize it doesn't mean anything at all without Susannah...

My opinion:
         I’m quite happy to have read this book even if I admit I had some doubts... in a whole it’s an enjoyable read, quicker that what I expected, and perfect for the summer. This is the first sport romance I read when the athlete is retiring, even more retiring by choice when still at the top….and perhaps it’s part of what I regretted because for this reason we don’t get a whole of the sport elements themselves only the fact that after several victory in a row they are big celebrations….i would have enjoyed to see more interactions between the players not just see them in less than 20pages.

Oh we do get that he Ryan is loved by his colleagues, and his superiors as well as the fans. We see the deep trust he has with his coach and we can understand he worked hard but the author centred the story on the romance leaving, in my opinion, the sport element to the side a little too much. I don’t like when it’s predominant but here it wasn’t enough.

That put aside, I got a little hesitation with the romance it self… fortunately the author managed to avoid situations I would have hated but still…Ryan come to try to win back his wife…I have nothing against that, even less knowing they were separated for other reason than cheating…but the fact that Susannah was planning a new wedding while the divorce wasn’t final that bothered me…I prefer when situation are clear so you terminated completely a relation before starting a new one or it’s cheating! And I hate cheating now like I said the author did manage to avoid that by keeping Susannah and Henri relationship platonic…. But then making Ryan making love to his wife when she hasn’t broken with Henry was once again limit ( but Henri being a jerk I can forgot that)Susannah sound like she can’t make her mind and it’s not really true to her character. She suffered a lot, her and Ryan got in a huge misunderstanding and that drove them apart but their feelings were the same all along.

Thus when, once they get back together, the hesitation and doubts start again it was a little too much for my taste, yes nothing is perfect right away but they got back together because the trust was against there so playing with that not once but 3times, that’s exaggerating. The ending felt a little rushed too but it’s an happy one and that’s the most important.

 I did smile too while reading this story but mostly thanks to the judge character so attentive and funny when he wants to be.( like his comments with the newspapers), he is quite cunning. Bernie was also a big supporter of the couple not only Ryan and that something I appreciated. Ryan can be really moving but he was hurt growing without a father and that’s reflect in his personality, sometimes I though him stupid when he doubted Susannah, then so good for guessing about Henry and being so protective with his wife then too kind ( no the girl wasn’t innocent, she accepted the money she knew was she was doing she should have been punished)…I don’t think he could have been so compassionated right after what he has lived even less with what he was thinking about his wife, later perhaps right then.. no realistic

So everything put together it’s an enjoyable romance , a good one for the summer since it’s a fast read and if you want to try sport romance but don’t like to read much about sport this is the right book for you. If you love second chance romance this is an good one.


Score:  3,5/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review


Challenges:

4 commentaires:

  1. oh un livre avec du sport, c'est si sympa de temps en temps!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. interesting. I've read one with a forced retirement due to injury but not like this. I haven't read this author yet but will have to try her out. I'm really liking the cover on it too :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I know there were some others of hers I wanted to read. Im with you on the whole I want it ended completely before you move on to another relationship. I'll keep this one in mind. :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. i absolutely never heard of her before this giveaway so it was quite a surprise

      Supprimer