mardi 27 août 2013

Secret Rendez-vous (Reunited Series 1.5) by Sharon C. Cooper

Hello to all,

                 One advantage of blog hop is to discover sometimes new authors that we don't know if we would have come across if not thanks to that opportunity. Sharon C Cooper is one of those, i was hopping and i came across her blog where we could win a ebook yes but where she told us her novella was free on amazon, after seeing the summary i was interested but kindle and me... we are far from friends even worse once again the promotion was available but only in the USA so i wrote that i would try it if i was teh lucky winner since we could pick the book of ourt choice and the format...

In the end i didn't had to, when she saw my comment she kindly contacted me to send me the link to smashwords where the books was also available ( with the promotion for everyone) and even better PDF!! ( i'm so relieved when ebook are in pdf so i can read them without too many troubles). Anyway i got the novella and i found a new author to follow so here is my opinion on Secret RendezVous and after the link if you want to discover it by yourself!

Happy reading!


Publisher: Amaris Publishing Inc
Publication: 2012
ISBN:  9780985525453
Genre: romantic suspense
Violence: strong

Language: normal
sex: strong
Public: 18+
Source: free on Smashwords (on promotion)


Short description from goodreads :

 Former Navy SEAL, Quinn Hamilton, is a special operative for the U.S. government and has been secretly dating CIA counter-intelligence officer, Alandra Pargas, for eight months. She’s brilliant, excited by danger, and the sexiest woman he’s ever known. Together they are a force to be reckoned with - inside and outside of the bedroom. But while Alandra is on assignment in Guerrero, Mexico, she’s captured by the country’s most dangerous drug cartel, and Quinn sets out on a black op of his own to save the woman he can’t live without.


Secret Rendezvous is the short story prequel to Rendezvous with Danger

My opinion:
          So good! I definitively needed something like this short novella and if all the books from the author are of this quality I can only want more.

Since it’s a short story and even more the prequel to another book I will try not to reveal too much but that will means a shorter review. To start with something essential in my opinion….yes you can start by reading this even if you haven’t read anything by the author before. From what I gathered all books works as stand alone so yes this story is linked to book 2 in the series and I guess you would be glad o have read it later but I wasn’t feeling like I was missing something, it really didn’t bothered me to jump in the middle of the series so it was perfect.

The writing style is as I love it: clear. You got action and quickly ( hey it’s a romantic suspense AND a novella so it’s normal) but it didn’t feel rushed or not enough to stop my reading….and if the action is high level with explosive and all…the romance is steamy and not a little, the balance between the two is really well done and I enjoyed this adventure no matter how short.

We discover here, two heroes: Quinn, navy seal, chief all muscles and sex appeal but really loyal, with honor (protecting innocents and all) and protective for those he loves…. but also really dangerous if you are not a friend of him. Then we have Alandra who is also a force in her own way, she is on the terrain but her job is to blend in and gather information, she can defend herself of course but she isn’t in the “assassination” part of the job. After working together for a job, the sparks ignited a passion of the long lasting kind and they have been together since then though they kept that secret. So when during her job, Alandra is captured, Quinn doesn’t follow protocol and jump to the rescue ( sexy^^).

The author linked some elements that I think are essential for book 2 (why Quinn didn’t keep the paper!!! Man you have brain too not just muscle), we also see that the cartel is larger that what counter intelligent can imagine.  I’m also really curious about who was the one that leaked info on Alexandra because that still unknown. So there is a light cliffhanger yes but since it’s a prequel I was expecting something like that and if I’m honest we do have partly some closure too, kind of temporary happy end, yes problems are building but it will be for another day.

So really I recommend you this novella if you have a few minute and want a good romantic steamy suspense romance this is an excellent one and a good way to try an author you perhaps haven’t discovered yet with of course the risk to want more …because now I’m really aching to get book 2 and more of this explosive couple!!  And it’s free so don’t hesitate and hurry  get it when you can.



Score:  4/5


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review



If you want to get your own copy, don't hesitate it's free in several formats HERE


3 commentaires:

  1. Sold! :) But you know I like this kind of stuff too! You wrote this one fast! LOL

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. to make things easy: if i really love a book i do read it more quickly, if i really enjoyed it writing the review comes easy! so now you can see how it goes on my personnal scale^^

      Supprimer
    2. I can tell. your very enthusiastic about it. :)

      Supprimer