jeudi 15 mai 2014

Third Grave Dead Ahead ( Charley Davidson 3) by Darynda Jones

Hello to all,


                 This week was what we call in my country " Les Saints de Glace" or Saints of ice and the saying kept showing true as the temperature dropped significantly....with the rain as well it wasn't a good time for those suffering from changing time like i do. Fortunately the sun did make an appearance today to make us smile and hope the spring/summer are really on the way now.

As for reading i must say i slowed down a lot despite a lot of books calling for my attention ( i can't even decide which one i will start first ;) ) but i didn't forgot about you so here comes my opinion on the third book in the charley davidson series

 Enjoy
Publisher: Piatkus
Publication: 2012
ISBN:  0749956143
Genre: urban fantasy
Violence: strong

Language: mild
sex: really strong
Public: 18+
Source: bought

Short description from goodreads :

 Paranormal private eye. Grim reaper extraordinaire. Whatever. Charley Davidson is back! And she's drinking copious amounts of caffeine to stay awake because every time she closes her eyes she sees him: Reyes Farrow, the part-human, part-supermodel son of Satan.


Granted she did imprison Reyes for all eternity, but how is she supposed to solve a missing-persons case, deal with an ego-driven doctor, calm her curmudgeonly dad, and take on a motorcycle gang hell-bent on murder when the devil's son just won't give up on his plan of seduction..... and revenge?


My opinion:
          Charley really has problems with the men in her life…..she can be the grim reaper but still that’s no excuse for them to use her like they do. I was angry with her father after the events in book2 now he really disgusts me. Reyes isn’t far behind… the jerk not only he is making Charley ill by lack of sleep and thus more vulnerable but he keep threatening her family and then… he just does worse. In this story he really disappointed me and his past is no excuse.

Now all my frustrating against them aside, it’s the first book in this series I enjoy as much. The interaction between Charley and Cookie, Garret Swopes but also the whole plot really it was excellent. I had suspicion about the guardian identity and the one she could be responsible for dying but the author managed top make me doubts several times ( morality always trust your instinct). I loved to discover the existence of the angels and I must say I loved the bikers^^ Donovan is promising to be a really interesting character from now on.

The investigation in this one was really well wrapped (though I guessed what the good doctor was doing^^) well built to make us imagine a lot of possibilities and throwing us off balance. Added to the earl walker‘s ones Charley was really busy all while being over exhausted.  This book revealed a lot of information and is really a great addition to the series.

The only thing that i regretted was the sex part… starting so early in the book, first pages,  it’s not really their present but the way they were written that put me off a little… I don’t know I felt it could have written in a less vulgar form ( and if she could stop kissing other males too it would help^^) but as a whole of this series this book is my favourite and kept me on edge^^.

To recommend to lover of sexy reads, urban fantasy, sexy demons and great investigation.


Score:  4/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review


Challenge:

3 commentaires:

  1. Great review. I should dig up book 2 of this series out of my tbr pile

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. We had a temp drop here too. Near 30 degrees in the last couple days. It was COLD this morning!

    I've still got to give this series a go. I have book one so no clue why I haven't tried it yet.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. j'adore cette série, elle est vraiment géniale et je suis contente que tu passes un bon moment avec aussi. Le 6 était super!

    RépondreSupprimer