mardi 3 juin 2014

No Ifs, Ands, or Bears About It (Grayslake1) by Celia Kyle

Hello to all,


                  Oulà, already June and we can't really say that i have been really active on the blog in May, so sorry.As you know i had a little difficult time in May and that affected my reading more than i anticipated so while i tried to still visit and comment other blogs, mine took a step down.  I will try to do better, i have several books that had me drolling over and i couldn't start them so the pile grew and as soon as i get back into action i should be really motivated

Today i share with you a book discovered thanks to Brenda ( yes another one^^ what can i say we do share a lot of tastes) one paranormal romance but with bears instead of wolves ( though they have some too). a great change even if wolves stay my favourites with felines^^

Happy reading
Publisher: Createspace
Publication: 2013
ISBN:  1494788373
Genre: paranormal romance, shifters
Violence: strong

Language: normal
sex: strong, steamy
Public: 18+
Source: won
 

Short description from goodreads :

The first day of Mia's new life in Grayslake, Georgia is not going as planned. The house her grandfather left her looks ready to crumble, boxes cover every inch of the floor and-oh-there's a bear cub in her pantry. It gets worse when the cub's uncle comes by and busts out his fur and claws while on her front porch. Then it gets loads better because suddenly there's a hot hunk of badge-wearing werebear on her lawn ready to rescue her. Yum. Of course, he has to ruin things by trying to take the cub out of her hands. Ha! The cub is hers... No ifs, ands, or bears about it.

Werebear Ty can't seem to get the curvaceous, delectable Mia to understand that, even if she is one-quarter werebear, she isn't keeping the cub. Ty is the Grayslake Itan, the clan's leader, and the little werebear is going home with him... Unless it isn't. It's her smile. If she'd stop smiling and being gorgeous, his inner-bear would support him and Ty would get his way. But the beast wants to make their woman happy, so it's perfectly content to let her do as she pleases. Then things change. Threats arise, danger comes close, and Ty demands she return to his den. No ifs, ands, or "mates" about that.

My opinion:
          Loved It! Bears shifters won point with this story to move in my favourite kind of shifters list… I mean you can’t resist a cub like Parker. He is so cute and suffered so much I just want to cuddle and protect him. The older version like Ty is super sexy as you can imagine from the cover. Now what was really interesting for me was to see how they were structured, how they lived after all we often imagine bears are solitary creatures and here it was partly the case. Each clan is quite closed on itself and they don’t accept well people from outside the clan (no bears even less) but at the same time they have a clan home. They regroup and lives together in one city.
We also see which other kind of shifters live in the area and what kind of “relationship” they have together. Instructive and it shows how well the author imagined her universe.

The characters all have a different personalities and while I really appreciated Ty  he did make some effort and was kind of a real teddy bear inside the big growling alpha) I must say that I’m quite attracted to his brothers… between the one too often left aside and the doctor one… I can only hope to read their own stories soon but back to this first book. I think it’s a really promising debut it has it all the suspense, the action, the romance and the humour too.

The only thing that bothered me a little was how quickly Mia surrender to Ty… yes she is attracted and yes she doesn’t surrender completely but she jump in his bed a little too quickly to my tastes. Now it’s not insta love since she keeps doubting him and his attentions but she did surrender to her hormone and when we learn that bear shifters are not monogame or loyal in most case it bothered me a little . I would havbe loved if she made a point first. Thankfully the author really managed to makes things works by adding some special elements I will let you discover and she made the couple learn about each other before really committing so I easily kept my attention focused on the story as a whole and it was really captivating so I read it in one sitting.

If you love shifters in general and want some romance mixed with a lot of action this is the perfect book for you.


Score:  4,5/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review

Challenges:


8 commentaires:

  1. ok so I really need to move this up on my list!!! I need to stop accepting reviews. I'm so behind on my reading now.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. At least you have it already which is a start^^

      Supprimer
  2. This title cracks me up. I think I may have used it for a Top Off Tuesday post! Good to hear the story is fun, too.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. The title does fit well^^ and is a good reflect of the story you should have a excellent time reading this one

      Supprimer
  3. Great to hear when the characters all have their own personalities and traits, easier to relate and love the book.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Yes sometimes secondary book are left to get consistance in later book are are more part of the decoration than anything else. Here it's not the case we can see she thought all of them throughly and it adds so much to the story

      Supprimer
  4. I have never heard of this book but it sounds so good. I haven't read any paranormal story in a while and this one sounds great. I love the sound of characters the most. Great review :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. i was surprised at how good it was for a first book ^^ so yes if you want a paranormal with romance this one is a good choice

      Supprimer