samedi 2 août 2014

Angels’ Pawn (Guild Hunter 0.6) by Nalini Singh

Hello to all!

                  Last month of holiday has started and  i'm nowhere ready for all i have on my to do list ^^. Do you also have the feeling time is going too fast?

Anyway, when i gave you my opinion on Archangel's Kiss by Nalini Singh i told you there was one novella that i really recommended you to read before that title. I thought i should let you know why  without waiting to long so you get that today.  This novella can be found as an  ebook but i would recommend you to get the anthology with all the prequel novellas "Angel's Flight" that way you won't be be missing any; it's the edition i got and i'm really happy with it even if to make things easier i will review the novellas separately.


Happy reading


Publisher: Berkley Sensation
Publication: 2011
ISBN:  0373277210
Genre: romantic suspense
Violence: strong

Language: normal
sex: mild
Public: 18+
Source: won

Short description from goodreads :


In Angels' Pawn a vampire hunter faces off against two rival factions and the angel manipulating them both, and a vampire whose help is not entirely selfless...

My opinion:
          This novella is written well enough to work as standalone or even as an introduction to the Guild Hunter series It’s a prequel though and I really loved to see how it easily fit in the main series… I have read it after book 1 so at first the fact it focuses on another hunter surprised me a little but I quickly enjoyed Ashwini she a talented hunter, different than Elena but one I can’t wait to read more about it.

You see Ashwini’s particularity is that most of her contracts are to hunt the same Vampire “Janvier” and until now it never really was successful because the contract finish to be cancelled off each time as Janvier finds himself back in the good graces of the angels he bothered in the first place. It frustrates the hunter but we immediately can find that there is a lot more behind that. Both of them are not enemies far from it but there were friends exactly either.
When our dear hunter comes to see Janvier and ask him some question about another hunt she must do she didn’t expected him to declare he would join and help her…. That starts to clear things a little between them and really the interaction between them 2 are too funny.

Ashwini will need his help more that she even believed and this mission won’t finish without some consequences because you can’t meet an Archangel, even less one like Nazarach, and not be impacted.

Now like I said I did read this one after reading book 1 and I guess it helped me to see the characters under a new light but also this novella was really useful for my reading of Archangel’s Kiss book 2, I wouldn’t say it was essential but I really recommend you to read this one as it give you a insight about Nazarach that will be needed later

The rhythm is rapid but good for a novella and the plot itself was really keeping my full attention. It’s short but leaves you wanting for more without feeling incomplete which is excellent for novella in a series.

Score:  4,5/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review



7 commentaires:

  1. Oh don't remind me that August has already started ... there is sooo much I planned to do (luckily I started in June), but with the heat and humidity being a hindrance I fear I won't get around to get it all done by the end of the month.
    Anyway, your blog post just reminded me that I still have the first book of this series AND the collection with the novellas on my TBR piles. I'm too slow a reader, I guess. *big sigh*

    P.S.: Enjoy your weekend, miki! And nooo I haven't forgot your e-mail, but it takes time as I am writing it in French ... haha ... no, not really, but I promise I will try to give every line in it a charming French accent while reading it in my mind. I'm being silly, I know. Let's blame the heat. :-P

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. ^^ don't worru the heat and humidity is also the reason i'm so behin( i did what ? 20% of what i planned to to... perhaps not even that^^

      i will be waiting for the letter even more now ;)

      don't worry you are not a slow reader you just had other choices to pick from first^^

      Supprimer
  2. I can't believe it's August either! Crazy. I need to start these. I'm reading her Psy Changeling ones right now :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. i love her psychangeling series as well ^^ how could i not when it has sexy shifters in it;)

      Supprimer
  3. What a great review. So helpful to find out your thoughts and to know that this would be good to read before the first book in the series.

    I completely agree that time is moving too fast! Somehow my list of things to do keeps growing as time keeps speeding up.
    ~Jess

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thank you, it's not always easy to know where novellas fit in a series and if they are mandatory or not so i prefered to be precise, glad it helps you

      the power to make the time slow would be advantageous at teh moment for sure^^

      Supprimer
  4. C'est une série géniale, c'est bon de savoir que ceux-ci sont aussi intéressants que les autres romans :)

    RépondreSupprimer