lundi 25 mai 2015

Negociation ( The Twelves Kingdoms 0.5) by Jeffe Kennedy

Hi!

              Welcome on The Twelves Kingdoms Day event!!!!

Jeffe Kennedy is releasing the third book in the Twelves Kigdoms series today and to celebrate that she is offering the prequel novella " Negociation" for free but hurry because that offer will be for a limited time only!

Before the only opportunity to read it was in the anthology " Thunder on Battlefield, vol II" but now it's available in ebook format. A good way to start on the series if you haven't already and a sweet bonus for those who are up to date. In any case i had to share it with you ( i love the cover)


Book Description: Negotiation by Jeffe Kennedy

A Story of the Twelve Kingdoms

A wounded warrior trapped by the sorceress who knows him better than he does himself…

General Uorsin escapes the last devastating battle, only to find himself alone on a mountain, feverish and no closer to finding the paradise that drives him on. Salena, greatest shapeshifter and magic-worker of her people, springs the trap she’s set to protect her land—and to prevent the ravager Uorsin from ever reaching it.


Together, they spend a night setting the terms that will determine not only the rest of their lives, but the fates of the peoples of the Twelve Kingdoms—and the thirteenth.



A description it's not always enough to decide a reader to pick a book or not so i was even more happy when i got the opportunity to review this novella so here is what i thought of it.

My opinion:
          I love when a novella gives us a real insight into the story and author’s writing style which is what “Negociation” does. If like me you haven’t started the series yet this prequel is a wonderful entry in this universe in which the author put a lot of work building.
You can see how engaging her writing is and all the complexity of the world but also how determined the characters can be….Jeffe really put a lot of thinking into her character building and it shows even in such a short story. Salena knows what she wants and she did think, a lot even, before acting even if the outcome she knows will happen isn’t ideal, far from it;…I’m not sure I would have been able to make the same choice as her.
Uorsin….i don’t like him he makes my skin crawls and I fear Salena did not measure all consequences and even that aside just how he considers women makes me disliking him greatly.

And here come the detail that perhaps makes this series not one for me at the moment despite all the beauty of this universe and lovely writing…. In this series the women are acting, they are not simple trophies so far so good but even from this novella we can get that the author isn’t against making them use sex as a weapon…. I’m not naïve, I know women in all history often had to use that trick, weapon to survive or worse and I can read paranormal romance so it’s not the description that really bothers me either.- By the way in the novella they only speak of it, no steamy scene or nothing so don’t hesitate to give it a try- It’s just that I’m not comfortable with that idea, at least at this moment.

This is a fantasy romance so you can expect a mix of them and there isn’t a perfect ideal balance either it depends on the moment if fantasy or romance must be prevalent. I have no problem with that….after all I need some romance in my books but it’s also the reason why I can’t take it lightly either.. I want love not sex ( not sure if I’m  being clear) so I fear  it will come to clash for me at some moment of the story….the question is will this fear be enough to prevent me for trying….i don’t think so but at least I come prepared.I did like this novella!


So do I recommend this novella? DEFINITIVELY! Either you will be in love with the universe and jump on the first book if you haven’t already or it will at least gives you a really good idea of the style so you can make your choice in all conscience but one thing for sure the author is more than talented and really kind so don’t hesitate to send her a message if you read her books. 




So interested? Remember you can this Free for a limited time so don't be shy and gives it a try!

you can get it via the following links ( if it's not free when you are checking, just check again later it will be )





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire