jeudi 10 décembre 2015

Ghosts of Christmas Past ( Haunted Holidays book1) by Jessica Aspen

Hello to all,

 i'm once again late to post this but  i do have reasons as i spent yesterday evening ( and night) at the emergency for my mother... fortunately it was more frightening than it was dire so she is back home in one piece. Still getting home at nearly 3am i wasn't feeling well enough to come online....

Since i'm utterly exhausted ( and so behind in my crafting projects, but not giving up - by the way you can enter a contest to win an handmade gift made by myself here) i will make this short and leave you with my first holidays reads for this season.

Happy Reading
Publisher: Abracadabra Publishing
Publication: 2014
ISBN:  B00MIEB294
Genre: romantic suspense, holidays romance, ghosts story, christmas
Violence: mild

Language: normal
sex: strong
Public: 18+
Source: won

Short description from goodreads :

Romantic suspense and holiday romance, all wrapped up with a ghost story. Brrr. Warm up this Christmas with Ghosts of Christmas Past.Jen MacNamara flees the Christmas wedding of her best friend and cheating fiancé and runs to the country to spend the holiday alone. It's the perfect plan, until her unexpectedly sexy neighbor and landlord, Nate Pierce, insists on bringing the holiday to her--complete with a Christmas tree, hot chocolate, and an unexpected kiss.

And that's not Jen's only problem.

The cozy country farmhouse is already occupied by something evil. Now Jen's nights are spent wrapped in sensual dreams of a past life, and her days growing closer to Nate as they solve the mystery of the malevolent ghost that haunts not only the house, but also wants Jen dead.


Explore Jessica Aspen's new world of contemporary, new adult, Gothic romance with her new short paranormal romance series: Haunted Holidays.


My opinion:
         I quite enjoyed this story despite being left with some unanswered question… I do love Jessica’s writing stile it’s engaging and immerse us quickly in the story. She also managed to make characters we can connect immediately with…I could only pity Jen..; not only her fiancé cheatd on her wxith her best friends but he even dare to ask her to give her wedding plans to them , all her work and to organise it for them?! What a jerk!!! I really hated him on the stop same for the so called best friend…. No friends would act like that.
Nate also suffered on his side….but deep down both are persistent, courageous and honest… I loved that.

The way the romance is linked to the holidays and ghosts is really well done and made this one quite original, I can already tell you that I would love to see her other Haunted holidays stories when they will be released because it’s tempting and different.

However that’s also where I was left with an unfinished feeling…. Perhaps because I can be too picky when reading but still….i was taken aback with the way they took care of the ghost… for me it was not enough , not satisfactory…when they discover the truth  etc ( trying not to spoil everything) but it was too easy confrontation especially seeing how strong the ghost was…. What bothered me even more and still bother me in fact (^^;;) is the link between Nathaniel and Nate…..which is not clear at all…..we think one is the descendant of the other… that would be logical…..however when we learn of the story that becomes impossible with the only information we have…. Seeing that Jen thought about checking genealogy etc I would have loved an explanation… same as who did the sleight^^;;

Now like I said I’m picking and that’s why those details bothered me but the story can still catch and keep the interest nevertheless so I do recommend it….because if you are not as attached to detail as I am you will enjoy this one even more!


If you want some different holidays romance, spicy enough too, and love Ghosts stories this one is a story you should not miss.

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review


Challenges:

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire