samedi 26 décembre 2015

The Ghosts of Bourbon street ( Incryptid 3.1) By Seanan McGuire

Hello to all and with a little delay

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


 i hope you all had a great moment!

On my side i've been really busy and sick and sadly i can't relax yet as i still haven't finished all i want to send  but most have been sent and several already received.


 Now i still need to post something to complete some challenge i've entered so i'm taking a few minutes to share with you one of my last reads ( from when i could get a couple of minutes betwseen projects^^)


Happy Reading!
Publisher: Seanan McGuire
Publication: 2014
Genre: urban fantasy
Violence: mild

Language: mild
sex: none
Public: 16+
Source: Free


Short description from goodreads :

 Verity Price and Dominic De Luca are currently putting their relationship through what can only be termed the ultimate stress-test: they're traveling from one side of the country to the other in a rented U-Haul, accompanied only by Verity's colony of Aeslin mice and the contents of her iPod. (Dominic is receiving a crash course in modern dance and pop music.)

But what's a road trip without a hidden purpose? Verity knows she's driving Dominic toward the biggest confrontation of his life—her parents—and that means she needs to start easing him in gently. What better way than with a stop in New Orleans to drink layered cocktails and meet her fun-loving Aunt Rose, who just happens to be a Predeceased American?


Poor Dominic didn't set out to become part of a ghost story, but it looks like that's exactly what's happening, as the old, new, and undead collide all over Bourbon Street.


My opinion:
          I’m really fond of this universe an even more of Verity so even if I haven’t gotten book 3 yet ( changed on Christmas, thanks Sullivan!) and despite that this novella is set after I needed to read it without delay. I’m so glad I did! Yes there is a very small element that could be considered spoiler for book 3 but you are so deeply engrossed into verity and Dominic adventures that you put aside what isn’t the most important right now. Even better ^^ the setting is the New Orleans and I’ve become quiet addicted to it.

This was simply fabulous, funny and also informative because Verity is organising a meeting between Dominic and her aunt, the ghostly one, Rose who is no one else than the heroine of Seanan Ghost series with “Sparrow hill Road” ( which I have! ^_^)….i do think Rose is a character I will love greatly, she is as snarky as Verity but even manage to make her blush^^…we also learned of the different kind of ghosts in that universe all while keeping that part quite mysterious as Rose put it “ Daylight isn’t for living one” so we get a glimpse of it and of part of its rules but nothing more . It was really great!

 I can’t tell you a lot if I don’t want to make big spoiler since it’s a novella only but if you are reading the Incryptid series you have to read this! The only detail I missed were the mices, only cited I missed them but for the rest  just fabulous!



Score:  4/5

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and no compensation was received in exchange for this review


Challenges:


1 commentaire:

  1. Thanks Miki, you helped me find several short stories I didn't know about. It's always fun to discover these shorts. I try to read them all.

    RépondreSupprimer