jeudi 9 mars 2017

Nephilim Falling: a Trenton Investigations prequel by Felicia Beasley

Hello to all!!!

                   It's not often that i post two reviews per week but Nephilim Falling release this week and i was lucky to get an arc so i had to share my opinion on it even if i wasn't really sure how to express it at first..yes some books are like that

Happy reading!
Publisher: Felicia Beasley
Publication: 2017
ASIN:  B01MZE3R3D
Genre: urban fantasy, paranormal, investigation
Violence: strong

Language: normal
sex: strong
Public: 18+
Source: earc

Description from goodreads :

  They say demons and angels don’t mix. I say people should mind their own damn business.

My brother, Damian, has been my rock ever since mom left. Didn’t matter to him that I was a lowly half-demon while angel blood flowed through his veins. I was his and he was mine.

But nothing lasts forever.

He wants me to go to college. I’d rather fight a hundred sentinels than lead a boring, safe life hiding who I am. So when a nephilim goes missing, I go behind Damian’s back to find the teen. Maybe if I can solve the case, he will upgrade me to his partner in crime solving.

As bodies begin to drop, I realize I’m in way over my head. But there’s no way I’m going to admit that, not when my future hangs in the balance. Instead, I set my eyes on recruiting the help of the new kid. Lucas is arrogant, sexy, and persistently trying to get my number.

He’s also a nephilim. Off-limits, no matter how good he looks flinging fireballs.

Then again, I was never good at resisting temptation

My opinion:
          A great investigation in a universe where nephilim, angel, demon, etc are among us and not everyone is happy about that. Sentinels area  group of supposed humans who hunt the paranormal being , despising them when they are "kind" they put them in ghetto, prison most often they simply kill without asking question. Because of that reality, Nephilim ( descendant from angel) or damion ( descendant from demon) are hiding... not really accepted by their parent side they are left to fend for themselves and don't mix together.

However Damian is different he is a nephilim working as a PI for both groups and he protect his sister who is a half demon... he is courageous, super protective and has a lot of responsabilities but Lexi isn't that little anymore and she wants to be his partner not just the little sister...when case of missing nephilim appears she goes behind his back to find and punish the culprit. She is determined, intelligent and loyal i loved that about her.
To have a little chance and because of the circumstances, she end up with the new boy at school as her partner: Lucas who is also a nephilim and one so , so sexy. He is hiding part of his part but he is really attracted to Lexi, showing some interesting powers when needed.


The investigation is really well done, some part of the story end on cliffhanger but this is a prequel so i hope we will learn more later.I guess the only thing i regretted a little was how quickly Lexi and Lucas became intimate... yes she is 18 not 15 (even if she sure acts like it) and with the story it make sense but somehow i would have wanted her to think more.

I liked Damian....perhaps it's why i'm not that happy with what happen....Wes his partner is definitively funny and despite his looks he sure care for Lexi. i hope to see more of him
definitively a series i would be happy to follow as there are still a lot to discover.

Score:  3,5/5


Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and i voluntary reviewed this book

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire